Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs
"Feeding Families" one apron at a time...And a portion of my sales goes to Saddleback Church Food Pantry - helping feed local families in need.


Follow Me on Pinterest

How "Sew Sassy" got started...

I was in search of a fun, retro apron. Difficult to say the least...

And when I found that apron I was shocked to learn it was out of my price range. So what's a girl to do?! SEW (of course)!

I love to craft and have been for a big part of my life. I've knitted scarves and blankets for loved ones. I've painted and created ornaments during the holidays. So why not sew (which I haven't done for at least 20 years). But like I told a friend "It's just like riding a bicycle", kinda. :)

After I created my first apron, I decided I would make some as gifts. And as that gift list grew, and friends saw the aprons that I created, they started inquiring if I would sell them?

I found myself contemplating "Why not"?

"Sew Sassy" is the outcome of my efforts in sharing unique retro aprons with those who enjoy color, creativity, and one-of-a-kind aprons that are sure to make you smile.

If you have an idea, favorite color(s), hobby or passion and would be interested in a retro apron created JUST FOR YOU; then send me an e-mail and I'll do my best to put something together that will sure to please you or that hostess with the mostess.



Shop Now!

Saturday, June 13, 2009

How to Fold your Apron

Don't you just hate it when you get something that fits perfectly in a bag, you take it out and when you go to put it away it just isn't the same or doesn't fit the same way?

Well, I know that bothers me. So I took a few photos to help you fold your apron so it fits perfectly back in it's bag.


Step 1 - fold the bodice over at the waist.


















Step 2 - fold one side over to the beginning point of the pocket.




















Step 3 - fold the other side over to the beginning point of the pocket. Making sure the ties are lying flat.

























Step 4 - fold the ruffle about 4 inches up and fold the top of the apron down to just the beginning of the pocket.






















Step 5 - fold the apron in half (take the bottom of the apron and fold it towards the top edge).














Step 5a - if you were to flip the apron over it will only be the size of the front pocket.














Step 6 - turn the apron back over and fold one side to the middle half-way point.



















Step 7 - fold the other side to meet at the middle edge.

























Step 8 - now place the apron inside the bag.


















Step 9 - tuck the front of the bag over the apron towards the back.


















Final Step 10 - Snap the bag closed and you're ready to store your new apron.

0 comments:

Post a Comment